Monday, February 25, 2013

Chicken Mayonnaise Sandwich


I did my graduation from Bangalore and stayed in the college hostel during that period. Being a student I didn’t have the luxury of eating out everyday and had most of my meals in the hostel mess. Inside our campus, there was this small cafĂ© “Razzmatazz” (I don’t know what it means though) and a lot of our seniors used to be there. One fine day I and my roommate finally decided to go there and try the Chicken Mayo sandwich that a lot of our friends had talked about. It was worth the visit and I guess that was the best Mayo Sandwich I have ever had. More than 5 years have passed since then I still salivate at the thought of that sandwich.
Last weekend, I finally decided to make one at home and just loved it. Here is the recipe:

Ingredients
Brown/white bread slices (I used White bread)
A little butter (For toasting the breads)
Chicken (you can use boneless chicken and chop them into very small pieces, you can also boil the chicken and then remove the bones; I preferred using chicken kheema or minced chicken instead)
A lot of finely chopped Coriander
1 or 2 green chilies
1 tbsp Garlic paste (Optional)
Onion (cut into rings)
Tomato slices and onion slices
A lot of Mayonnaise
Salt and sugar to taste

Method
  • Boil the chicken; shred them into small pieces while removing the bones. For my recipe, I had used minced chicken and then boiled it. 
 
  • Mix chicken with all the ingredients (except tomato and onion slices) and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hrs. 
  • Heat the bread slices. Now, spread out the filling on one slice, place tomato and onion slices and cover it with the other slice of bread. Spread some butter on the slices if you want and then toast it on both the sides. 
  • Serve it hot with tomato ketchup.
 

 



 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment