- Cut the crab into pieces of suitable size. Spread some salt and turmeric powder on it and rub well.
- Pour some oil in a kadhai. Add crabs to the hot oil and fry them one by one till they turn into a bright red colour.
- Remove from kadhai and keep it aside.
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of sugar to the hot oil followed by the Malvani masala. Stir well on a high flame for 2 minutes.
- Now add rest of the spices (Salt, turmeric, coriander, cumin and red chili powder), chopped tomatoes and cook on a high flame till the oil starts separating from it.
- Add the fried crabs and mix well with the masala. Pour some water (adjust the quantity as per your preference for gravy). Bring it to boil and then simmer for a couple of minutes more.
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of garam masala powder and spread a generous amount of ghee (optional) before removing from the flame.