Thursday, June 28, 2012

Corn Tikkis


My husband is a big foodie. And therefore I derive great pleasure in treating him with something new everyday. But being a working woman, unfortunately, I don’t get much time to explore my cooking skills.
While coming back from work last Friday, got down near the Borivali market and found some fresh corn kernels. Something struck my mind and I bought them immediately. A lot of us may have tasted these corns in form of either corn chat, corn salads or even simply boiled and tossed with some butter. I thought of making something else with them.
It was raining heavily this weekend and so my husband asked for some pakodas. I went inside the kitchen and thought of giving him a surprise with my very own version of Corn Tikkis and guess what, he was amazed. Thus, am sharing the same recipe for you to try at home and surprise your family.

Ingredients

Fresh corn kernels 250 gms
1 medium sized onion chopped
3 garlic cloves chopped
½ tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp fennel seeds
½ tsp turmeric powder
Chopped coriander leaves
Gram Flour (to serve as a binder for the Tikkis)
Salt to taste
Refined oil for shallow fry





Method


  • Take some oil in a frying pan. Once it gets heated, add the cumin and fennel seeds.
  • Once the seeds start spluttering, add the chopped onions and garlic and fry them for 5 minutes on high flame.
  • Now add the corn kernels and cook them together for a minute.
  • Remove from flame and coarsely grind them.
  • Now add gram flour, turmeric powder, salt and chopped coriander leaves and mix well.


  • Once the mixture is ready, take some quantity of this mixture and shape them up in form of Tikkis.
  • Heat oil in a frying pan and shallow fry these Tikkis till they turn golden in colour.
 

  • Serve the Tikkis hot with tamarind or pudina chatni or simply with tomato ketchup. 
This whole method will not take more than 25 minutes for sure.
Try this at home and let me know if you liked it as well. Feel free to provide feedback if any.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment