Sunday, February 9, 2014

Aamras


Aamras is one of the most commonly seen desserts in Gujrati and Maharashtrian weddings and I always wondered how someone can serve Mango pulp as a dessert...
I finally tasted this heavenly dish in my office canteen... and  I simply loved it.
I never knew it was so simple to make. One can use any type of Mango... The only prerequisite being its sweetness...
One fine Sunday, I decided to make Aamras and Puris for breakfast... though my husband was initially a bit skeptical about it.. He loved it...

Ingredients
Mangoes of course (you can choose any variety, though alphonso would be the best)
Powdered Sugar (As per the sweet quotient of the mangoes)
Milk (3 tbsps)
Saffron, a few strands
Chopped cashews and raisins, for garnishing

Method
  1. Peel and chop the mangoes into medium pieces
  2. Put them in a blender, add sugar, milk and then blend till you get a thick paste
  3. Remove from the blender and pour it in a serving bowl.
  4. Chill in refrigerator
  5. Garnish with chopped dry fruits and serve with hot puris

No comments:

Post a Comment