Saturday, June 13, 2015

Paneer Tikka (Grilled Cottage Cheese)


It has been raining a lot in Kolkata since 2 days. Monsoons have arrived officially and so has the time for yummy snacks. I have been craving for some lip-smacking starters for quite a few days and as outside-food is strictly NO for me as of now, I decided to whip up something quickly at home in order to satisfy myself. So, without wasting any more time, I ordered for paneer from the local shop and made Paneer Tikka at home. Though I missed my husband while gorging on the juicy tikkas, my dad enjoyed to the fullest.

Not keeping the joy to myself, here I am sharing the recipe with you so that you can enjoy the rains too. Happy Cooking and Happy Monsoons…

Ingredients

For the Tikkas:

Paneer 300 gms
1 Large Green pepper
1 large onion
1 large Tomato

For the Marinade:

200 gms hung curd
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 ½ tsp Kashmiri chili powder
1 tsp Cumin powder and coriander powder each
½ tsp shahi garam masala powder
1 tsp dry mango powder
Oil for brushing
Common salt or rock salt as required

Method
  • Chop the veggies and Paneer in medium sized cubes (symmetrical) and keep aside.
  • Now it is time for preparing the marinade. In a large mixing bowl, take the hung curd and whisk till smooth.
  • Add all the spices listed above for marination including salt.
  • Add all the veggies and Paneer pieces to the marinade and mix well. Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
  • Now it is time for making the Tikkas. Skewer the paneer and veggies alternatively in wooden skewers. I have used toothpicks for making the tikkas at home. Brush some butter or oil on the tikkas.
  • Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees for 3 minutes. Now, place the tikkas on a rack and then bake for 10 minutes at 180 degrees. Remove the rack, turn the tikkas, brush some more oil/butter if required and then bake for 10 to 15 minutes more.
  • If your microwave has in-built setting for Tikkas, you can also use that.
  • Once done, place the tikkas on a plate, sprinkle some chat masala over it.
  • The tikkas are ready to be serves with Green chutney and onion rings.

Do let me know how it was...

No comments:

Post a Comment